This series consists of two photograph albums containing photographs taken during the Inspection Tour of Aboriginal Stations on Torres Strait Islands, Cape York Peninsula and the East Coast conducted by the Home Secretary Hon. J C. Peterson in June 1931. He was accompanied by his wife and by the Under Secretary, Home Secretary's Office, J.C. Kenny, Esq., M.L.A. for Cook District, and the Chief Protector of Aboriginals.
- Thursday Island
- Island Villages of Badu, Poid, Mabuiag, Saibai, Yorke, Darnley, Murray, Coconut, Cowal Creek Settlement
- Missions at St Paul's Moa, Hammond Island, Mapoon, Mona Mona and Yarrabah
- Government Settlements at Palm Island and Fantome Island Lock Hospital
Albums include photographs of:
- The welcoming parties for the Home Secretary by the people of the villages, by sea scouts, girl guides, policemen, etc.
- welcome signs
- The Home Secretary and his group posing at various locations
- Significant buildings like school houses, hospital, church, village sheds and typical native homes
- Traditional war dances performed by men in honour of the Home Secretary's visit
- Girls performing dances and playing games
- The steamer "Marella" by which the Home Secretary and his party travelled between Thursday Island and Cairns
- Several traditional canoes