This series comprises registers recording salary and wages as well as other employment details relating to staff employed at various prisons and state farms.
There is usually one page per staff member, however other names may have been added under "A","B","C" on the same page. The following details are included:
- name, date of birth, and date of first appointment
- offices held at various times - i.e. prison officer, cadet, temporary, senior, chief, female warden, male assistant, clerk, comptroller, superintendent etc, as well as the name of the prison
- start and end dates in the role, including whether resigned
- amount of salaries and allowances in the particular role for the specified period. The same start and end dates and salary amounts may be duplicated every few months
- leave records - dates and number of days taken for recreation, sick, extended, special leave
- defaults - date, how and by whom dealt with, such as late for work, neglect of duty, improper language
At the back of the volumes, names of "Visiting Justices" and "Visiting Surgeons/Medical Officer" are listed. The following prisons and state farms may be included: Brisbane Prison, Townsville Prison, Wacol Prison, Marburg Prison, Thursday Island Prison, Rockhampton Goal, Stone River State Farm, Numinbah State Farm and Palen Creek State Farm.